Courses are available from 2 days for individuals living off site our tariff includes 5 hours riding per day (see suggested programme at the bottom of the page). For groups of 6 or more adults the tariff includes all food accommodation in 4 bedded en suite rooms and 5 hours riding per day. See our full tariff.
A Riding Holiday to suit you
Adult riding courses are tailored to suit the individual and we do our utmost to make your time with us enjoyable. We take all ages and abilities from beginners to competition riders.
We have a typical daily programme for riding guests please click on at the bottom of the page, but if you have any specific requests please make a note on your booking form and we will do our best to accommodate your requirements. While you are with us you can have group lessons in dressage, cross country, show jumping or side saddle, indoors or out, ride on the beach and hack around Carn Brea Castle or on one of the many coast to coast bridle paths. At no extra cost you can also train for your Association of British Riding Schools Equitation Tests. Should you want more specific training this can usually be accommodated by you booking private lessons in addition to the group lessons we offer see Session Prices for costs.
Suitable for everybody
Wheal Buller Riding School is set within the World Heritage site of the Mineral Tramways, and in an area of outstanding natural beauty, with panoramic views extending to the sea. We are located in a part of Cornwall where it is just 11 miles from the North to the South coast. We are one mile from the historic tin mining town of Redruth. This rural setting, amid quiet fields and rugged hills, provides a relaxing retreat from the pressure of work and daily life.
Our riding breaks are ideally suited for single adults of who we have a fairly high proportion. If you are seeking a relaxing fun holiday with horses we are sure that you will appreciate the warm, friendly atmosphere. For off site accommodation try the following Guest Houses – West Carvannel 01209 217338 The Old Railway Yard 01209 314514 Cottages The Barns 01209 217354 Badgers Holt 01209 313332 Camping or Caravan – Lanyon Holiday Park 01209 313474.
In the Heart of Cornwall
We are just one and a half miles from the small tin mining town of Redruth which has Inter city bus and railway stations and we are happy to collect you from here free of charge. Taxis can also be arranged to collect you from Newquay Airport which has daily flights from the major cities. In Redruth there is an assortment of shops where you should be able to buy all you may need, there is also a selection of country pubs for a quiet drink in the evening.
For groups of adults staying with us
- Weeks run from Sunday 1pm until Saturday 1pm
- Shorter breaks from 2 days
- For Groups of 6 more staying with us here is a sample of our menus.
- Help yourself to- a selection of cereals, porridge, rolls, cheese, yogurt, orange juice, fresh fruit, brown & white toast, jams, marmalade & honey.
- Fresh homemade soup of the day. A selection of salads, green, coleslaw, pasta and rice. Fresh rolls and one of the following.
- Quiche, pasties, baked potatoes with fillings, Tagliatelle, pizza, chicken pies, giant spring rolls, cheese and red pepper rolls, packed lunch for the day ride. Selection of scones and cakes. Alternative of cold meat each day and a vegetarian alternative day.
- Sunday Roast dinner with beef or chicken, 2 veg, roast & boiled potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and gravy. Vegetarian nut roast. Homemade apple crumble or pie with custard or clotted cream, ice cream. Cheese and biscuits and fresh fruit.
- Monday to Friday one of the following. All meals served with 2 veg. Cottage pie, Lasagne & chips or boiled potatoes, Chicken casserole with rice, Spaghetti bolognaise, Fish & chips. Alternative Omelette, pork chops, beef casserole, or sausage and onions. Vegetarian option each day. Chocolate fudge cake, cheese cake, chocolate roll with chocolate custard, Strawberry gateau, Rhubarb crumble & custard, or ice cream. Cheese & biscuits. Fresh fruit.
To download a Adult Riding Holiday Registration Form please click here